Monday, December 28, 2015

We did it! It's official!!

Three days after Christmas and one day before my 33rd Birthday I have some wonderful news to share! My coordinator at Cedars-Sinai called me this afternoon to say they finally got the insurance approval and I'd be officially on the list for a double lung and heart transplant starting this afternoon! Because my heart is healthy and I need a heart for anatomical reasons only I'll be on the heart list as a status 2 (it goes Status 1A, 1B, then 2). My coordinator said my wait will be anywhere from 3-12months, but I have several things going for me that will hopefully help me get offers for organs sooner. Benito and I are packing a "go bag" so all we have to do is pack up some oxygen tanks for the trip and get on the road. Benito has my login info and will be updating my blog along with both of our Facebook pages so everyone can follow along with my recovery once I get the "call". Thanks to everyone who has donated toward my Transplant fundraiser, prayed for us along the last year of trying to get listed, but most of all thank you for all the love you've shared to help us get to this point. We could not have gotten to this point without the help from you all. We LOVE you all!! XoXoXo If you're interested in donating toward my transplant fundraiser you can do so on my GoFundMe page at: Click HERE to visit Leah's GoFundMe page!
 

No comments:

Leah's GoFundMe Transplant Fundraising Page