Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy 8th Breathday to me!

This time 8 years ago I was on my way to San Francisco to undergo a life changing [and do I even have to add "saving"?] transplant. I can't believe it's been 8 years!

I have been reminded lately by quite a few people that I'm a lucky woman... Not too many people have been given a second chance to live like I have. One person in fact actually went as far as to say "8 years is a good run, you should be happy with that", as if I should just be content with the 8 years I've been given and not wish for more. Of course I want more! It's the want for more, the need to keep living that's kept me alive this long and I don't plan on being "happy" with anything less than a full and Long life. I deserve that as much as the next guy, right?

So I had CF clinic today and my doctor talked a little about retransplant. My PFTs were down to 26% a month ago and after 2 bronchs I'm only up to 29%, so he's thinking that I'm not just dealing with the stenosis anymore... He's suspecting that I'm in a slow rejection and it's time to start revamping my "resume" for transplant. What I mean by that is that I need to do all I can to make a transplant center WANT to transplant me. Yes, I'm a very compliant patient already, so no worries there. We need to start babying my kidneys, be one step ahead of any possible skin cancers, etc. Basically I need to make sure everything is as healthy as I can get it so a transplant center won't be worried about the rest of my body having problems after another transplant.

On to better news, shall we?

It's been a little over 4 weeks since we got the keys to our new house! We have been extremely busy every day unpacking, painting, organizing, cleaning, etc. We said goodbye to lazy weekends when we got our offer accepted and haven't had a single lazy weekend since! We're excited to be throwing our first little get-together in our new home this coming weekend. It's going to be a small shindig to celebrate our housewarming, Benito's belated birthday (we didn't have time to do much celebrating with the move), and my Breathday (transplant anniversary). We still have so much to do before we're ready for people to see the house, but hopefully we get it all done before the weekend and with time to spare!

I think that's about it for now. I'm sorry I don't update my blog too often, but I'm sure you can understand why ;)

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the beginning of a beautiful autumn!

No comments:

Leah's GoFundMe Transplant Fundraising Page