Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Brachytherapy tomorrow

Just a quick update:

I'm scheduled for that first brachytherapy treatment tomorrow afternoon. After talking again with the radiation oncology doctor yesterday I feel much better about the actual procedure. This is still new territory and the risks do scare me, but I'm hopeful that I may be able to breathe better after all this is done. Please, if you will, say an extra prayer or keep me in your good thoughts tomorrow that everything goes smoothly and I get to go home that night as planned. And of course, pray that this treatment does what we hope it will do, which is break down the scar tissue that's blocking my airway, so I can start taking full advantage of what's left of my lungs. If I could open that airway I won't feel so darn sick all the time and I won't feel like retransplant is just around the corner.

Thanks everyone! I'll try and let you know how it all went as soon as I can, but please don't be worried if you haven't heard back from me in a week. A normal bronch usually knocks me on my bum for a few days, so I expect this will be not much easier.

-Leah

No comments:

Leah's GoFundMe Transplant Fundraising Page