Sunday, May 17, 2009

Great Strides 2009





Hello friends and family!
Yesterday was Chico, California's very first Great Strides walk, and let me tell you... It was a success!! Even though it was HOT outside, we all had a Great time with one another raising awareness and donations towards finding a cure for Cystic Fibrosis.
The tally hasn't been in yet, but I think we did exceptionally well in raising donations this year. Even though our economy isn't doing so well right now, people are still eager to give to such a good cause! It warms my heart to be surrounded by such caring people. Thank you!!
Our team leader (and fellow CFer) unfortunately had to be admitted into the hospital the night before the walk, so she couldn't be there with us, but like I told her: I'm glad she put her own health first. I was grateful to have some of my closest friends there to support me; I just can't thank them enough!
Here are a few pictures I took at the walk. I took a few others with my 35mm, so once I get those developed I'll be able to post more.

1 comment:

Katey said...

Glad the walk went so well!!

Leah's GoFundMe Transplant Fundraising Page